Monday 23 June 2014

90SS Restoration

I never thought that one day I would ever own my dream scooter, the elusive, the rare, the sexiest bike ever created, the 90 super sprint.  I have always been a vespa aficionado not just because of my Italian heritage but because I grew up using it as my sole form of transport for the most of my life.

With so many years involved in vespa's it was inevitable that I would cross paths with Ross Leotta of Brisbane. Ross Leotta was Brisbanes vespa dealer and I guess you could say importer back in the sixties up until the eighties and even to this day operates a small work shop from his garage.

The bike that I now own sat under his house for 25 years, after becoming aware of it's possession I never thought he would ever sell it to me but yet here it is.

As you can see she needs some loving care to bring her back to her former glory but I am up to the task.
sexy leg shield
NZ 90SS even had indicators like the german series 2

1 comment:

  1. I've known Ross since 1969... I rode my vespa from Newcastle and took it to him in the valley, for service

    ReplyDelete